Looking for a breather? Creating and maintaining a yoga practice can be a great way to reduce stress, stay in shape and calm the mind. Yoga poses are a great exercises and can help loosen up tense muscles in your body; especially areas of the body that tend to carry the most stress which are the neck, shoulders, and back. But other parts of the body (like the face, jaw, fingers, or wrists) also can benefit from simple yoga stretches.
Studies have shown that yoga can even help teens with asthma – and reduce back pain! Here a three poses that you can try to get started:
Tadasana is a standing yoga pose that teaches you “how to stand tall, balanced as composed.” Put your arms at your side and your feet hip length apart. Rock back and forth until your weight is distributed equally. Keep your thighs firm as you engage those core muscles and roll your shoulders back and down. Breathe through your nose and hold this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Also known as Balasana, “This forward bending pose teaches back body breathing, supports the vital energy centers of the heart, head and abdomen, and calms the nervous system,” according to Yogainmyschool.com. To try it, kneel so that your head is resting on the floor or on a pillow. Put your hands on the floor where they feel most natural. Then start breathing, feeling yourself relax with each breath. Try this position for up to five minutes.
An article from Livestrong.com recommends ending your yoga workout with Savasana, also known as the corpse pose: “Lie on the floor with your legs a comfortable distance apart. Let your arms relax by your sides, palms facing up. Close your eyes and relax. Focus on your breathing, trying to lengthen your inhalations and exhalation. Stay in this pose for 20 minutes.”
Is yoga a part of your life? What are some of your favorite go to yoga poses for stress relief?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018