Latest posts by Meredith Reed (see all)
- Larissa May, Founder + Creative Director, #HalfTheStory Social Media Platform - April 18, 2018
- Harper Spero, Business Coach and Consultant - April 17, 2018
- “YOU WANNA DO WHAT?!” Interview with Founder Monica Rivera on Starting a Podcast - April 16, 2018
The following article is part of Like a Boss Girls’ Women’s History Month series, “Women Making History Today”.
Nisha Garigarn is the founder of Croissant, an app that makes coworking more accessible, affordable and flexible. For a monthly fee, Croissant enables its subscribers to reserve a spot at a wide variety of coworking spaces in their area. Croissant has been called “the Classpass of Coworking Space”, and it is available in a variety of major cities around the world, including Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, New York and Berlin.
Name: Nisha Garigarn
Job Title: Founder
Currently based in: New York City
Originally from: Los Angeles
Your Boss Girl superpower: I’m a great listener.
What inspired you to start your current venture?
We were constantly running around New York City hopping from coffee shop to coffee shop trying to find a place to do work. The loud atmosphere, unreliable wifi, and limited seating was so unproductive! The idea for Croissant came from wanting to find affordable and easily accessible places to work all around the city. And that’s what we created!
What are you and your company doing to make history today?
We are giving remote workers a flexible way to access inspiring coworking spaces around the world! Our vision is to make every day inspiring.
“We have helped almost 10,000 entrepreneurs, remote workers, founders, and freelancers save time and find a place to work on the things they are most passionate about.”
What is one thing you and your company have accomplished that you are most proud of?
We have helped almost 10,000 entrepreneurs, remote workers, founders, and freelancers save time and find a place to work on the things they are most passionate about.
What is one project you are currently working on that you are most excited about?
I’m creating New York Blockchain Hack, a hackathon for designers and developers interested in getting started with blockchain tech.
What is a trend in your industry that you foresee becoming popular in the future?
I believe we are moving towards a world where more and more people are working on projects and companies that are meaningful to them. Work and life becoming more blended than ever, and people are going out and finding their true calling.
What is one of the greatest challenges you have personally faced at this job? (Or if you’re willing, share a story of a time you screwed up & how you recovered!)
Before I started this company, I was working on a different startup idea. We took over 6 months to get the app and website up and running, and got ZERO sales or customers after launching. It was so demotivating and we had no idea how to get just one customer. We had developed everything without any user testing or looking at the market. It seems like a silly thing to do now that I look back on it, and I never made that mistake again. When we started Croissant, it took us one month to launch our app and we got user feedback all along the way.
What were you doing before your current role?
I went to school at Scripps College, and shortly afterwards worked in marketing at several agencies.
What is one piece of advice you’d like to give to other female founders & change-makers?
Identify activities that help you de-stress, and make time do them! For me, this is journaling. For other people, it can be meditating or running or karaoke.
Fun fact about yourself:
Last summer, I left New York City for 6 months to travel and work remotely all around Europe!
- Larissa May, Founder + Creative Director, #HalfTheStory Social Media Platform
- “YOU WANNA DO WHAT?!” Interview with Founder Monica Rivera on Starting a Podcast
- Dina Kaplan, Founder of The Path + Host of Mela Meditation Retreat
- Tina Tang, CEO of Iron Strong Fitness & Inspirational Jewelry
- Interview: Kellie Wagner, Founder of DEI Collective, a D&I Consultancy
- Marcia McNair, Founder of Long Island Girl Talk: Empowering Young Women in Media
- Interview: Arshiya Kherani, Founder of Sukoon Active, Sports Hijab Fashion Line
- Interview: Tiffany Yu, Founder of Diversability, Disabled Community Advocacy
- Interview with Jonna Piira, CEO/Cofounder, Kali – Women Making History Today
- Interview: Alexis Beechen, CEO/Cofounder of The Drop – Single-Serve Canned Wine
- Interview with Tina Hedges, Founder of LOLI Beauty – Women Making History Today
- Monica Houghton: Founder, From Here to Sunday – Women Making History Today
- Interview with Kate Anderson, Operations Director at iFundWomen – Women Making History Today
- Interview: Helya Mohammadian, Founder of Slick Chicks – Adaptive Underwear Line
- Erin Halper, Founder, The Upside, Flexible Career Executive Talent Agency
- Interview with Jennifer Iannolo, Founder of The Concordia Project – Women Making History Today
- Emily Scott, Cofounder of Dance Happy Designs, Hand Cut Patterned Fabrics
- Interview with Nisha Garigarn, Founder of Croissant – Women Making History Today
- Interview with Maria Yuan, Founder of IssueVoter – Women Making History Today
- Interview with Liz Klinger, CEO + Anna Lee, VP of Engineering, Founders of Lioness
- Interview: Susan Crumiller, Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney, Crumiller P.C.
- Gabrielle Goldstein and Lyzz Schwegler, Cofounders of Sister District Project
- Interview: Shivani Honwad, Esq., Founder of The Law Firm of Shivani Honwad LLC
- Interview: Lori Lefcourt, Cofounder of Unicreamer Vegan Coffee Creamer
- Isis Nyong’o, Founder, Mum’s Village – Website for Kenyan Women
- Mitsuko Verdery + Anya Clarke, MICHIYAYA Contemporary Dance
- Sophie Kahn & Bouchra Ezzahraoui, Co-CEOs of AUrate Affordable Fine Jewelry
- Megha Desai, President, Desai Foundation: Empowering Women and Girls in U.S. + India
- Kim Kaupe, Cofounder of ZinePak, Superfan Engagement Agency
- Harper Spero, Business Coach and Consultant
- Interview with Danielle Mardesich, Founder of HUMAN the Collective – Women Making History Today