Applications are now available for the Do Something Awards, which honor young people under 25 who are working to change the world. According to the organization’s website: “In 2012 (up to) five finalists will appear on the Do Something Awards on VH1 and be rewarded with a community grant, media coverage, and continued support from DoSomething.org. The grand prize winner will receive $100,000 during the broadcast.”
Last year, Sarah Kronk (pictured here) won the grand prize for her project, The Sparkle Effect. This is a student-run program that encourages teens nationwide to include students with disabilities in high-school cheerleading programs. What was originally a local effort has now grown into what Sarah told Do Something is a “crusade.” The Sparkle Effect currently helps support 27 squads in the U.S. – even one in South Africa. Get inspired by reading about more winners here.
The 2012 Do Something Award application deadline is March 1st, 2012 (5pm EST). Go to the Do Something website to learn more about how you can apply — or nominate an amazing changemaker you know who is making a big difference in your community!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018