Latest posts by Deborah Reber (see all)
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
We go by the name Like a Boss because, from our point of view, having a heart of gold is what it takes to change the world. The way we see it, it’s about:
* FEELING COMPELLED TO HELP OTHERS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE, like Jessica Markowitz, who, at the age of 12, started Impuwe Richard’s Rwanda, an organization whose sole purpose is to support the education of low-income girls in rural Rwanda in Africa.
* LETTING PASSION GUIDE YOUR CHOICES, like Leora Friedman, who turned her love of music into the nonprofit Music is Medicine, an organization that empowers young people to use music to make a difference.
* BUILDING SOMETHING FROM NOTHING, the way Juliette Brindak, founder of Miss O & Friends and Catherine Cook, co-founder of MyYearbook.com did when they created their incredibly successful businesses out of nothing more than an idea, the courage to go for it, and the willingness to work hard.
* GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY, like teen Skyanne Fisher, who merged her love of reading and libraries by founding PAYA, a coalition of Pennsylvania young adult authors, bloggers, librarians, readers and other book lovers to raise money to support libraries throughout the state.
* TURNING HARDSHIPS INTO OPPORTUNITIES FOR CREATING POSITIVE SOCIAL CHANGE, like anti-cyberbullying activist, Cati, who was once the victim of cyberbullying and now educates teens about it through Cati Cares, and Jen Rubino who, inspired by her experience with chronic illness, provides hope and comfort to other ill teens through her organization Cards for Hospitalized Kids.
But that’s us. We want to hear from YOU. What do you think it means to have a heart of gold? Leave a comment, share your thoughts, and you’ll be entered in our contest to be a special guest blogger for an upcoming editorial feature!