At 14 years old, Mo’ne Davis already holds the titles of “ First Female to Pitch a Shutout in the Little League World Series,” “First Sports Illustrated Cover Star from the Little Leagues,” memoir writer, Disney Movie Inspirer, Documentary Subject for Spike Lee, “Harlem Globetrotters Draftee,” and ESPY award winner.
Now she’s adding “Philanthropic Sneaker Designer” to the ever-growing list.
She’s certainly had to deal with her share of BS while ascending to the top. But for many girls around the world, that’s just the beginning. In developing countries, girls are less likely to go to school and can be forced into marriage at twelve. In some of these places, it’s considered acceptable to physically abuse girls.
Mo’ne is helping change that. She partnered with M4D3 to design a signature line of sneakers being sold to raise funds for the “Because I Am a Girl” initiative from PlanUSA . The program aims to give girls access to basic human rights in parts of the world where they are being denied safety, health, education and the tools needed to build self-determination.
“[Designing] shoes with M4D3 is exciting and to know they’ll help girls in need around the world is a great feeling,.” Mo’ne said of her involvement with the initiative.
Sounds like a girl that knows how to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes.
- Pimp Your Office Decor: Style Out Your Workspace And Maximize Success - January 19, 2018
- 3 Ways To Develop Your Startup’s Signature Story and Connect With Customers - January 5, 2018
- 5 WAYS TO ROCK YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION (FOR REAL THIS TIME) - January 1, 2018
- Cut Student Loan Payments and Fund A Dream Biz Instead (With IBRP, It’s Legit) - November 10, 2017
- WANT TO QUIET A BUSY MIND? MEDITATE LIKE A MOGUL - November 7, 2017
- Perfectionism Is Success’s Worst Enemy: Try These 3 Hacks To Move Past It - November 5, 2017
- Resume Upgrade:
Learn 4 of the Buzziest Workplace Skill Set - November 4, 2017
- How To Recover From An Epic Fail at Work - November 3, 2017
- Combat the Haters:
How To Fight Internet Trolls & Bolster Your Small Business - November 2, 2017
- Five Ways to Conquer Indecision Once and For All - September 14, 2017