Being born a girl comes with its own set of struggles and challenges. For example, did you know that around the world, 62 million girls don’t have the opportunity to go to elementary school? Or that three quarters of the world’s HIV sufferers under 25 are women? Or that young women under 20 represent 50% of the number of sexual assaults throughout the world?
Theses are just some of the reasons why a group of filmmakers in Australia are making the documentary I Am A Girl – because as they explain, “Being born female means you are more likely to be subjected to violence, disease, poverty and disadvantage than any other group on the planet.”
Through I Am A Girl, the filmmakers hope to paint a picture of the reality of what it means to be a girl in the 21st century. By focusing on the stories of 10 girls from around the world, viewers will get a true look at experiences of girls throughout Africa, India, Asia, South America, and Australia.
Visit the I Am A Girl website to find out how to get involved and support the film. And check out the trailer for the film below and share it with your friends if you like what you see!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018