Spring break has sprung, and you’re rounding the home stretch for the rest of the school year. How can you make the most of it? Let us count the ways:
Beat procrastination. Leaving things until the last minute can leave you tired, crabby and stressed—and who wants that? This awesome Mashable article gives five tips on saying sayonara to procrastination for good. Our favorite tip? Do a time audit by keeping a journal of how you spend your time for a week. The exercise will give you a quick at-a-glance understanding of the time vacuums (hello, reality TV and Facebook!) keeping you from getting it all done in due time.
Boost your energy. Dreaming of leaving lunch lady land? Make over your school lunch by packing a brown bag every day filled with healthy treats such as string cheese, almonds, carrots, whole-wheat pitas with hummus, turkey wraps and other good-for-you delights. Get some great ideas from Seventeen here.
Try something new. Comfort zones are so yesterday—so why not break out of your familiar routine and try something totally new? Whether it’s going for the school play, trying out for the track team or volunteering with a peer counseling group, you’ll be energized and excited by what follows. (If you need some inspiration, check out this fun book.)
Enlist a study buddy. If algebra is getting you down or a big test is on the horizon, why not capitalize on the power of two? Teaming up with a partner can help you stay more accountable for studying and understand the information through someone else’s eyes. Plus, you can make it fun by studying over smoothies or scheduling the sesh after a trip to the dog park or yoga class.
Say it with us: zzzzz. Though it can be tempting to pull an all-nighter talking with your bestie or cramming for an exam, you’ll be much better off if you get some rest. Studies show that teens need around 8 or 9 hours of sleep every night to function at their finest. Try doing the same thing every night before bed (such as reading or taking a shower), which will signal to your body that it’s time for some shut-eye.
Put these tips in practice and you’re sure to finish off the school year in style!
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014