Blake Mycoskie, creator of TOMS shoes, is a huge inspiration to us at Like a Boss. We love how he has infused his company with the value of giving back, and created the One for One approach: for every one pair of shoes bought, a child in a developing country will receive a pair of shoes.
Apparently, we’re not the only ones inspired, as to date more than one million pairs of shoes have been donated to people in need around the world through TOMS.
Since the program was such a success, Blake and his team at TOMS realized they didn’t have to stop with shoes. So they tackled another issue – sight. They’ve just launched a new eyewear line, One for One™, and with every pair of sunglasses purchased, they’ll help give eye care to a person in in need, either through providing appropriate medical treatment, prescription eyeglasses, or sight-saving surgery.
Though their end goal is to reach people in need all around the world, the One for One program is starting to help people in Nepal, Cambodia and Tibet.
Check out this video to learn about how the movement got started!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018