Last week I talked about decluttering your physical space to free up some mental space.
Now, it’s time to declutter your inbox.
Whether you’re of the quadruple digit mailbox camp, or the no-email goes unread camp, you can benefit by unsubscribing from some stuff.
And then when you get around to it, have you ever thought “For the love of all things holy, I wish I could unsubscribe from a lot of emails at once!”
Prior to me finding out about Unroll.Me I was one of those poor souls clicking through emails, and scanning to the bottom trying to find the ever-tiny “Unsubscribe” button. Ugh, what a lame-o I was.
Then the other night I’m reading the LZ Sunday Paper* when she recommends the uber helpful, some might say life-changing app Unroll.Me. This email unsubscription app has changed my freaking life as it will unsubscribe you from those mailing lists IN BULK. I did it for ALL my email accounts and un-enrolled from 109 subscriptions!!
Do you know how much wasted time from scanning emails I don’t care about, I just got back? If I was spending 3 seconds on each spam email and got about 30 emails a day, that’s 9 hours and 6 minutes every year I just gave back to myself!
Waking up to emails from stores you don’t really care to hear from is up there with getting your sleeves wet when you wash your hands… it may be tiny but it is oh-so bothersome.
Do yourself two favors:
1) go unsubscribe yourself from email lists all at one time
2) sign up for the LZ Sunday Paper… you’ve got lots of time freed up now to actually read it ; )
*SIDE NOTE: check out this powerhouse and her awesome newsletter if you aren’t familiar with the name Lauren Zalaznick. I know her because she was a guest and board member of the Fusion Film Festival I co-directed at NYU, but most will indirectly know her for being the woman responsible for reinventing Bravo circa 2005.
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017