When I was little I used to think sunscreen was so lame. I’d whine to my mom, “but so-and-so doesn’t have to wear sunscreen. How come they don’t get burned?!” and I’d long for that gorgeously dark skin. Now, I relish in my porcelain-ness and can’t get enough of SPF because I feel like Future Lucy will thank me when she is cancer-free, less wrinkled, and still pretty darn pale!
Well much to little Lucy’s dismay, turns out So-and-So did and does need SPF! In fact, SPF doesn’t just help you avoid sunburn, but prevents splotchy tone on your normally flawless skin, premature wrinkling, freckling, and sneaky cancer-causing melanomas from developing.
Check out Refinery 29’s No-BS Guide To Protecting Your Skin This Summer. These two doctors don’t use scare tactics but rather cut to the chase of what you need according to your lifestyle.
Big Takeaway no matter your lifestyle or skin tone: SPF 20 every single day (it’s already in most of our makeup so yippee!) and reapply every 2 hours if you’re sunbathing.
Now that you know what you gotta do for the sun, what are you going to do IN the sun? Start a business? Volunteer? Lounge by the pool with a great read? Set new goals for yourself and kick major butt? The world is your oyster, Bossery!
- Femme Finance: 7 Women Who Are Running Finance - January 31, 2018
- When You Know It’s Time To Try Something New with Samantha Citro - January 30, 2018
- Mind of a Mentor: the Art of Adaptability with Samantha Citro - January 29, 2018
- Meet This Mentor: Samantha Citro - January 28, 2018
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017