There are cliche phrases that are helpful but drive you nuts when you see them on every coffee mug, poster, and t-shirt (we’re looking at you “Keep Calm And ______ On!”), and then there are cliches that are just plain wrong because they pit you against your own success.
These are sneaky little idioms that have weaseled their way not only into our language but into our psyches. And what we think affects what actions we take. And actions make events and events make our life. See what I’m saying here about the power of our thoughts?
So check out the 8 cliche phrases that you will never hear successful people say, and then nix them from your vocabulary and mindset ASAP because their negativity is setting you up for failure.
***But we do have a soft spot for “Everything happens for a reason” in that everything you experience has something to teach you!
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017