You’d think Colbert was running for office with the buzz around “Stephen Colbert for Women!”
And perhaps he is taking up office–of the comedic pop-culture variety.
In case you missed it, Stephen Colbert just took up post as the Late Show’s new host.
In a contributing article for Glamour which he titled Stephen Colbert Shares Why He Thinks Women Should Be in Charge of Everything, the smart funny man sheds some light on the status of gender equality in comedy and elsewhere.
Colbert obviously can’t fix the system in one swoop, but the mere fact that he is talking about it and writing a clever piece for a widely read women’s magazine is a good start.
My point is this: Why does this gender inequality still persist, and how can we stop it? I don’t have all the answers. And frankly, it’s sexist of you to think I do just because I’m a man. C’mon!
Point is, I’m here for you, and that means I’m going to do my best to create a Late Show that not only appeals to women but also celebrates their voices. These days TV would have you believe that being a woman means sensually eating yogurt, looking for ways to feel confident on heavy days, and hunting for houses. But I’m going to make a show that truly respects women, because I know that there’s more than one way to be one. Maybe you’re a woman who likes women. Maybe you like women and men. Maybe you’re a woman who’s recently transitioned. Maybe you’re a guy who’s reading this magazine because your girlfriend bought a copy and it looked interesting.
Take a moment and read the whole piece.
We look forward to seeing you September 8th, Stephen!
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017