The key to making a name for yourself these days? Versatility, versatility, versatility. Being a multi-hyphenate is key to building your personal brand (and your fortune!)—and no one does it better than these up-and-coming celebrity entrepreneurs.
Kendall and Kylie Jenner: When this dynamic reality show duo isn’t walking the catwalk, they’re behind the scenes designing awesome clothes. Their California-chic Kendall and Kylie brand launches this Friday at PacSun stores with a 26-piece collection for spring (ooh-la-la!). Of course, it’s no surprise that these two are budding fashionistas—after all, their sisters (you know, those famous “K’s”) have already paved the way with their Kardashian Kollection for Sears.
Keke Palmer: You know Keke Palmer as the actress-singer-TV star (“True Jackson, VP,” anyone?) from Akeelah and the Bee, but she’s not stopping there. Last May, this enterprising young celebrity joined forces with Nick Cannon to produce and star in “Rags,” a hip-hop take on the Cinderella story for Nickelodeon. Not to mention her impressive work as an activist—in November, Keke kicked off the Dove Self-Esteem Weekend festivities by leading a rally with HOG friend Jess Weiner, and she also serves as an ambassador for Saving Our Daughters and It’s Cool to be Smart. (We think it’s pretty cool to be Keke.)
Bindi Irwin: This Australian dynamo became famous as the daughter of the legendary “Crocodile Hunter” (the late Steve Irwin), but since her dad’s passing, this young nature lover has done him proud by carrying on his legacy. Not only does the 14-year-old donate 10 percent of her earnings to Wildlife Warriors, but she also made headlines recently with her outspoken comments on the way Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s office handled an essay she wrote on overpopulation. When not trying to make the world a better place, Bindi’s also a Daytime Emmy-winning actress, singer, and fitness expert (she made a DVD in 2005!).
Leighton Meester: “Gossip Girl” may be over, but Leighton Meester is just getting started. This charismatic singer/actress is also a darling of the fashion world, having done endorsements and modeling for Reebok, Nikon’s Coolpix, Herbal Essences, Missoni, and a Korean clothing line called ASK Enquired. She’s also the face of Vera Wang’s perfume Lovestruck, but not just the pretty face—Leighton also teamed up with Wang for her “Share the Love Campaign” to encourage people to register as bone marrow donors and prevent blood cancer. Watch her PSA here:
Which star-preneurs inspire you? Nominate your faves in the comments!
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014