Latest posts by Lucy Ross | Editor-in-Chief (see all)
- Femme Finance: 7 Women Who Are Running Finance - January 31, 2018
- When You Know It’s Time To Try Something New with Samantha Citro - January 30, 2018
- Mind of a Mentor: the Art of Adaptability with Samantha Citro - January 29, 2018
Sometimes I get insecure about letting people see my face, makeup-free.
My dark circles show, the red splotchies are a thing, people ask me if I feel sick and I’m like “nah that’s just my face.”
But upon seeing this Buzzfeed post of Bollywood Celebs With Vs. Without Makeup I thought dear god, these women are stunning!! Why would they ever wear makeup?!
Which then made me look back at my pics and realize, that I too do not look as dreadful sans makeup as I previously thought at the time of being au naturale. It really is all about perspective.
What makes this easier of course, is if you take good care of your skin*. Wash, exfoliate, moisturize, let it breathe, and never ever over-scrub.
My friend Sami is a perfect example of this. Girl does not wear foundation or blush. JUST mascara and a lip color if she’s feeling fancy. I kid you not.
Sami’s the one who introduced me to JUARA (it means “champion” in Indonesian which I think is pretty dang on point with how taking care of yourself makes you feel).
I now use only this stuff because it brings my skin back to life, and has enabled me to champion my natural makeup-free beauty!
Hope this post encourages you to be proud of who you are and the light you bring to the world, wherever you are on earth–with or without makeup.
*or won the genetic lottery for beautiful skin and are with the likes of Lupita, Kerri, and Keke.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_divider admin_label=”Divider” color=”#ff1c8c” show_divider=”on” height=”20″ divider_style=”solid” divider_position=”top” divider_weight=”3″ hide_on_mobile=”off” /][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
MORE ON SELF-CARE
- How To Treat Yourself Like A Boss — At Home Facial Tutorial
- 10 Signs You’re Disrespecting Yourself
- Beauty That Celebrates Your Inner Winner: JUARA’s Founders Commit to “Championing Girls’ Destinies”
- Should You Start a Biz With Friends? The Juara Founders–and Besties–Weigh In