It’s that time of year: Black Friday kicked off the holiday shopping season the day after Thanksgiving, and the weekend already raised a record $52.4 billion dollars. Your email box and Facebook page are probably crawling with offers of discount prices and free shipping.
But if you’re still shopping — and looking to make your dollars go a little bit further this year — how about plunking down your dough at a place that gives to a cause you care about?
There are actually lots of options to pick from: Tom’s Shoes, for example, donates a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair purchased; ONE has scarves, bracelets, phone covers and more for sale through its website, using proceeds to help fight poverty, particularly in Africa.
And To Write Love on Her Arms, an organization all about presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide, has a wide range of apparel for sale. What we love about their t-shirts and hoodies is that they themselves offer hopeful message with sayings like, “You Are Not Alone” or simply “LOVE.” The gear is available online and also at Hot Topic and Zumiez.
Keep this list growing: Where else can you shop for great gear — and give back at the same time?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018