It’s a kinder, gentler place at West Virginia’s Winfield High School, thanks to superstar Jillian Carney. In 2012, she followed Emily-Anne Rigal’s cue and started a WeStopHate club at her school. The anti-bullying club quickly grew to 60 members and has been doing great things ever since! Case in point: the oh-so-awesome Compliment Grams, which allow students to send each other warm fuzzies for just 50 cents. Great idea, right?
Here’s our own “Compliment Gram” to Jillian: Keep doing your thing, girl. The world needs more big-hearted movers and shakers like yourself! Big ups to you and the WeStopHate club for your efforts to stop bullying at your school.
See Jillian and her kindness cronies in action in this HooplaHa video!
- Hello Giggles! How Improv Techniques Can Help You in Business - October 13, 2016
- News Flash: Success is Not a Number on the Scale - August 8, 2016
- Top Tips For Aspiring Eco Warriors (from Environmental Icon Majora Carter!) - April 9, 2016
- Shout Out: Golden Globe’s Winner Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation - January 14, 2016
- Gettin’ Bizzy With It: Bizzy Girls - April 3, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: The ABC’s of Better Z’s - March 28, 2014
- Miley Cyrus: Not Advancing Feminism - March 27, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: Why I Chose a Women’s College - March 21, 2014
- Want to Empower Yourself? Help Other Women - March 13, 2014
- Amanda’s Corner: International Women’s Day - March 7, 2014