Renee Millington isn’t one for the glitz and glam. She’s more of a “grind it out, take it ‘till you make it” type gal. Leading partnerships and sales at Alley started off by following the needs of the community. Need an extra hand at a pitch night? She was there. Late clean up for an afterwork mixer — not a problem.
Renee recognizes that life’s journey is unpredictable. What she can predict is her performance.
Here are 4 tips she’s used down her career path:
1. “Make a list of the things that you feel like you’re really good at”
Creating a list of your skills can provide better career insights and self-awareness. A journey is only as good as its roadmap.
2. “Talk and Connect with People”
Connecting with people in your (desired) industry is a surefire way of keeping opportunities open. Social capital is accepted everywhere.
3. “Always Go To Events”
Go to where the people are. No matter what field you’re in, it never hurts to strategically attend social gatherings.
4. “Take It One Step At A Time”
Renee started out as a volunteer and self-proclaimed “pest”. Be willing to show unwavering patience throughout your journey. Persistence is a long-term strategy.
For more of Renee’s fearless approach to career advancement, please check our podcast, Mind of a Mentor
You can also listen to the podcast on your favorite app by clicking the icon below:
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017