Saturday, March 10, 2012 is National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day — and here’s one great way to raise awareness: Post badges from Rock the Red Pump campaign on your blog — and on March 9, write an article about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls.
The whole idea behind Rock the Red Pump campaign is to raise awareness for this critical cause: After all, nearly 300,000 women in the United States are infected with HIV/AIDS and they continue to face gaps in access to care.
This is the sixth annual National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, which is coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office on Women’s Health (OWH). The whole idea is to start conversations and teach girls and women how to stay safe, get tested, and even manage their lives with HIV or AIDS.
Beyond Rock the Red Pump, there are other ways to get involved, such as posting about HIV or AIDS in your Facebook status, or encouraging your friends and families to get tested and know their status (click here to find a testing site near you).
Want to do something bigger? You could write a letter or article for your school or local paper or even organize an event like a walk or health fair to raise awareness. For more inspiration, including templates for publicity materials, visit here.
This March 10, how will you raise awareness aboutHIV/AIDS and its impact on women and girls?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018