The weather outside may very well still be frightful, but we’re pretending it’s spring by rocking major lipcolor in bright shades. Check out our favorite formulas for punching up an otherwise drab outfit:
Housed in tubes with sponge applicators, these lip shades may seem like simple glosses. But once applied, they delivered everything we want in a bold lipcolor—major color payoff with absolutely zero stickiness.
Tom Ford Lips & Boys, $32
These mini versions of Tom Ford’s famously luxe formula aren’t only more affordable than the originals (and better sized for jean pockets), they are produced in far more shades than the original offerings. Each of the 50 lipsticks in this capsule collection are named after a boy in the designer’s life. But if you want to nab your own, do it soon—the limited edition collection is selling out fast.
This Italian makeup line is just debuting stateside and we couldn’t be more stoked. The matte lipsticks are super affordable, long wear and come in highly pigmented shades like Confident (shown above)—a perfect crimson color.
We know, we know. This hydrating lipstick looks more gothic raver than romantic when in the tube. But the navy blue magically turns in to a sheer wash of blackberry when on the lips, making it the perfect pick-me-up for the low-maintenance girl on the go.
If you want your lips to appear more full, then gloss is the way to go. But sometimes, glosses don’t add enough color to the lips. This high-shine version also packs major color payoff and smells like sweet vanilla, to boot.
Some aspects of the Korean beauty trend can seem iffy (see: face creams with snail secretions and sheep placenta). But give us a beautiful matte lipstick in a statement-making shade for under $10 bucks and we’re definitely on board.
This twofer tube packs major change: its liquid gloss goes on smooth, but morphs into a matte lipstick once on the lips. Although it delivers major color, the formula feels so lightweight, it’s as if we aren’t wearing anything at all.
- PSA: TORRID IS CASTING IT’S NEXT FACE AT A MALL NEAR YOU - July 10, 2017
- Straight/Curve Director Jenny McQuaile Has A Plan To Boost Your Body Image - July 6, 2017
- Unshakable: Foot Petals Founder and Self-Made Millionaire Tina Aldatz Shares Her Secrets to Making it Big - April 27, 2015
Pioneering Social Activists Share Hashtag Activism Tips - March 9, 2015
- Pucker Up: 7 Statement-Making Lipsticks To Rock This Spring - February 13, 2015
- Non-Profit Volunteer Coordinators Give Us The 411 On How To Volunteer Like A Pro - January 23, 2015
- Lips Like Marilyn: Celeb Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Help You Snag Iconic Beauty Looks - January 2, 2015