I’m always into upping my productivity — nay, let me modify that…effectiveness — game.
That’s why this 2 minute read on the Six Ways The Most Productive People Send Emails from Fast Company tickles my nerdy productivity fancy.
If you want the short version:
1) Keep your emails to 3 sentences or less (a la Shakespeare, “brevity is the soul of wit”)
2) Start of work hours and lunch time are prime sending times to get an actual response
3) Don’t reply immediately, so that you can gather your thoughts and express them succinctly (see #1)
4) Pure facts with no emotion gets little response rate. Instead, use moderately positive or negative vocabulary to get more people responding.
5) Create a “Waiting to Hear From” folder, so important conversations/people you need to follow up with, don’t get lost in your general inbox.
6) Know when email ain’t the answer 😉
- Femme Finance: 7 Women Who Are Running Finance - January 31, 2018
- When You Know It’s Time To Try Something New with Samantha Citro - January 30, 2018
- Mind of a Mentor: the Art of Adaptability with Samantha Citro - January 29, 2018
- Meet This Mentor: Samantha Citro - January 28, 2018
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017