Kudos to the cast of Pretty Little Liars for making a difference in the lives of so many students. With their recent giving project, the classy cast demonstrated exactly what it means to see a need — and fill it. Here’s the story:
For many kids, back-to-school shopping is a fun, annual ritual, a time to not only get organized, but also get some cute outfits and gear to start the new year in style.
It can be a costly affair for families: According to the National Retail Foundation, families spend more than $600 on clothes, supplies and electronics. But for many struggling families, this kind of spending is way beyond their budgets, especially given today’s economic times. In fact, 13 million kids have to learn to go without even the most basic supplies.
This is where the Pretty Little Liars cast stepped in: They formed a partnership with Staples and Do Something in the fourth annual Staples for Students campaign, raising $810,000 supplies for the cause. This is a record for the campaign.
On DoSomething’s campaign website, visitors could click to join one of the casts “teams” and Lucy Hale, Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson or Shay Mitchell would donate $1 to Staples for Students. They also made other contributions, like appearing at an event after the 2011 Teen Choice Awards to stuff backpacks full of school supplies for Boys & Girls Club members in Los Angeles.
“I was so honored not just to host the event in Los Angeles, but to also be one of the spokespeople for this year’s campaign,” Ashley Benson said. “I am truly inspired by the teens who came out to do something to help kids in their communities.”
Want to get involved? The campaign has currently ended but the Website does give students tips for starting their own drive. What other ideas can you think of for helping students in your community?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018