Fun fact: a person who takes care of their wellness can better serve the people around them.
We say it frequently at Like a Boss Girls and we’ll say it again:
you can’t light up the world if you’re not tending to your own flame.
So if we flip it around to be an affirmative statement:
We can better serve and take care of the world when we take care of ourselves.
Wondering if you need to take a little more time for #1? Find out if you need to add some habits of people who make their wellness and self-love a priority.
Here are 4 things where you can promote wellness and self-love in your life:
1) When they receive a compliment, they say “Thank You” and don’t follow it up with self-deprecation
I’m guilty of it too. You get a compliment. It can be something as simple as how sharp your blazer looks on you, or more meaningful like how you nailed the presentation. How many of you would follow those up with something like “Really? I don’t think I’m pulling it off” or “No way, I effed up so many times!”
Why would you say that? Accept the compliment with a sincere “Thank You “and then–get this–leave it at that! Just as we must give credit when it’s due, accept credit sincerely too.
2) They enjoy their own company and flying solo.
We different types of relationships in life. Relationships with our family, our friends, our significant other, our company, our school, our town, our neighborhood. But the one relationship some people forget to make a priority is the relationship with oneself.
Do you enjoy your own company? Do you realize that adventures can be had by all–and that includes parties of one.
Whether you spend your you-time baking, reading, collaging, movie-going (omg a movie date with myself = perfection), restaurant-going, meditating, writing, museum-hopping, solo travelling etc, you can have an AMAZING time with a pretty cool person, and that pretty cool person is you. It is all about self-love.
Fun Fact: we all get a little cooler when we go experience something new–solo or not!
3) They honor their time and who they share it with
We all have a finite amount of time on this planet (or at least in this lifetime in this body–am I right?!). So why would we spend our time with negative people? (Note: we are not talking about friends who are having a bad day or month, but people who consistently bring negative energy to the table whether by complaining or hating on everyone/everything else).
Time is our most precious commodity. Money will come and go, but once time is lost, it’s gone for good. So why would we spend our time with negative people? (Note: we are not talking about friends who are having a bad day or month, but people who consistently bring negative energy to the table whether by complaining or hating on everyone/everything else). Practice self-love and move away from these kind of people.
4) They are kind to their mind, body, and spirit
When you give yourself criticism, do you aim to make it constructive and helpful?
Do you know how much sleep you consistently need to have an awesome day? Do you make choices that align with that?
Do you buy the best quality food you can afford?
Do you have a practice that helps recharge and reset? Whether it’s meditation, a high-energy workout, a walk in the park with your dog, yoga, creative writing, gratitude journaling, or anything else that helps you put it all in perspective.
Go farther with the Love Yourself 7 day Challenge.
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017