Latest posts by Lucy Ross | Editor-in-Chief (see all)
- Femme Finance: 7 Women Who Are Running Finance - January 31, 2018
- When You Know It’s Time To Try Something New with Samantha Citro - January 30, 2018
- Mind of a Mentor: the Art of Adaptability with Samantha Citro - January 29, 2018
So 2015 is here. Of course there is a lot of “New Year, New You” propaganda/advertising going on right now. But that makes it sound like the you there is now really stinks. Which I highly doubt if you’re a reader of LABG… clearly you want to do something awesome in this world. So instead of this “new year, new us” shenanigans, I’m calling it New Year, Continued Awesomeness… okay it doesn’t quite have the same ring to it but such is life. In this journey of awesomeness (LABG’s own Dixie Laite has a t-shirt that says “Wake up. Kick ass. Repeat”…. amen sista!), herein are my goals and resolutions for tomorrow and the following 364 days:
- Write my family one old fashioned handwritten letter per month. Who doesn’t love opening the mailbox and seeing a handwritten note to them?!
- Similarly, show the people I love that I love them.
- Start watercoloring. For real. Even if it’s awful. I gotta get through the awful stuff to get to the awesome stuff. No more of this “I’m going to keep reading books on watercoloring… and start tomorrow.” Seriously, self. As badass artist Chuck Close says…“The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody … Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work.” Thanks Mr. Close.
- Wear sunscreen! On my hands and face and neck. Every. Flippin. Day.
- Create and sell an original product.
- Eat vegetables. Every day. Preferably in two meals but don’t beat myself up if it’s just one. That’ll be an improvement. Start small, self.
- Take daytrips to three of the Northeastern houses you have to see before you die (according to Traditional Home!) with the people I love. The Castle Hill house in Ipswich, Massachusetts? I die.
- Throw a sleepover with my girlfriends before we graduate NYU in May : )
- Take at least one photo a day and make a compilation at the end of the year.
- Use my crockpot and stop being scared of it (why am I freaked? I have no idea. But it’s a kitchen appliance I have zero experience with and that scares the crap out of me… what if what I make is gross?!). Time to actually start cooking the crockpot recipes I’ve pinned.
- Throw a kick-ass 30th birthday for my big sister.
- Watch the Audrey Hepburn classics that I haven’t: Roman Holiday, Sabrina, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Wake up and smile.
And with that… Happy 2015, friends!