Musicians and social activism seem to go hand in hand, and that’s definitely the case for punk rock band Rise Against.
Long involved in animals rights through their support of PETA, as well as other progressive causes, the band has just joined forces with Dan Savage’s It Gets Better Project (aimed at reminding teens in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better) to collaborate on a new single, “Make It Stop (September’s Children)” from their album Endgame.
Here’s what Rise Against lead-singer Tim McIlrath says about why he wrote the song:
I decided to create the song as a response [to suicides of gay teens and letters Tim receives from fans], and when I discovered the It Gets Better campaign and Dan Savage’s commitment to such an important and concise message, I was moved. I immediately felt that if our song is the road, then the It Gets Better campaign is the destination. I hope the synergy between the two can reach people and make a difference.
The video follows the three different teens all contemplating suicide as a result of the bullying they face…it’s dramatic and dark and powerful and makes its point. At the end, the video flash forwards in a cool montage to show each desperate teen flourishing as a grown up, reinforcing the message that life really does get better after high school for the targets of bullies.
Want to watch the video? Check it out here and then let us know what you think!
Like a Boss Rating: 4.5 Hearts
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018