Around the world, between 12 and 27 million people are estimated to be enslaved, according to mtvU’s Against Our Will campaign. And that includes sex and labor slaves in the United States. In fact, in the past two years, slaves have been reported in all 50 states.
Here’s how you can help fight back against these alarming statistics: Right now, mtvU and LexisNexis are hosting a contest to encourage college students to create “innovative digital tools that raise awareness of and encourage action on modern day slavery in the U.S.” This is your chance to be creative: Think online gaming, mobile apps and short viral content.
This is a great opportunity for college girls to do something amazing for the world, and sharpen your technological skills. Plus, one winning team or individual will walk away with a $10,000 prize. For complete rules, visit http://www.againstourwill.org/challenge. Entries are due on April 2, 2012.
Hear from one college student fighting human slavery on her campus, then share your ideas for what you can do to raise awareness.
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018