Looking for a little inspiration? Tune into MTV on August 30 at 8 pm ET/PT for Seventeen Magazine’s first annual televised “Pretty Amazing” contest. The special is the final step in the magazine’s search for “the ultimate real girl who is nothing short of PRETTY AMAZING. Someone who inspires us with her talents and who is beautiful inside and out.”
Seventeen has picked five female finalists from 35,000 entries – and during the half-hour special, one will be selected to be on the October cover. This is the first time a reader has ever been on the cover, which is pretty exciting. Oh, and then there’s that $10,000 scholarship and all-expenses-paid trip to NYC at stake…not too shabby!
But there’s some serious competition among the fierce five: Zoe grew up homeless, but is now is a fashion entrepreneur, selling her designs for as much as $300. And she continues, helping others too, donating her clothes to homeless shelters and charity fashion shows. Nina began speaking up against cyberbullying when she was in the sixth grade as a volunteer spokesperson for Wired Safety, the largest Internet education organization in the world. Now she’s working with the national anti-bullying campaign, Don’t Stand By, Stand Up. And then there’s Ann a phenomenal photographer with an amazing portfolio, Shannon, a teen girl race car driver who has her sights set on winning the Indy 500, and Lauren, a documentary filmmaker who tackles big issues.
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018