Flipping through Time Magazine’s Top 10 Commonly Broken New Year’s Resolutions, we were struck by what most folks fail to follow-through on. Of course there’s the big stuff that really matters on the list, like getting out of debt and spending more time with family. But there were two items on Time’s list that caught our eye because they’re things that really impact YOU:
Be Less Stressed: According to the Time article, “Less stress can make you healthier and happier…Unfortunately, stressing less is likely to be the very first resolution you’ll break.” What can you do to ensure a calmer 2012? We often publish advice that can help you figure out what to eat and how you can exercise your way to less stress. We also offer tips about managing your time, not to mention your electronic devices, so you’re primed to get the maximum benefits from relaxation and sleep.
Volunteer: “Volunteering could be the resolution that keeps on giving — to yourself and to others. But even the most compassionate among us can fall back on our commitments.” Does this sound like you? Sometimes it can be hard to find time and sometimes it’s a matter of seeking out the right opportunity. That’s why we publish so many profiles of different teen volunteers, like Leora Friedman, who founded Music is Medicine, or Christine Iwinski, who hosted a project to teach kids how to give back in their own communities. Their stories show the various ways you can make an impact by showcasing your own skills and passions. We also publish a Volunteer Tool Box, which is full of tips and resources to help you create a commitment that counts.
Are these resolutions on your personal New Year’s list? Want more advice for making your resolutions stick? Check out our strategic plan that will help you tackle even your biggest goals and see them through to completion. Then tell us: What’s the secret to sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018