When the daughter of the R in H+R Block tells you that even she didn’t have a wealth mindset ’til later in life, you can bet we’re listening.
Barbara Stanny finally learned these financial truths when she interviewed self-made millionaire women for a book.
Here, the wealth coach tells Like A Boss Girls the money secrets every woman should know…
1. FINANCIAL SUCCESS IS POSSIBLE IN ALMOST ANY FIELD, AND LACK OF EDUCATION DOESN’T HAVE TO HOLD YOU BACK.
I had no trouble finding investment bankers or CEOs who were making big money. But I also found high earners working in occupations–artists, actors, writers, musicians even a matchmaker and a psychic–you wouldn’t ordinarily equate with high pay.
And for all the MBAs and PhDs I spoke to, there were a surprising number who had no college degree, some of whom were high school dropouts.
Admittedly, there are certain jobs, say school teacher or missionary, where you’ll never make six-figures or close to it. Still, I found enough highly paid women who were once in low paying jobs to know this: We may not all make six-figures, but there’s no reason why you can’t be making above average if that’s what you want. And doing so is much more in our control than you may realize, though it may entail making changes in your current job, switching companies, or starting your own.
2. WORKING HARD DOESN’T MEAN WORKING All THE TIME.
Sure these high earners were exceptionally hard workers. But the critical factor was not the hours they put in as much as their intensity of focus.
Sure there were the Hard-driven High Earners (HHE), Superwomen on steroids, examples of ambition spun out of control. But they eventually wore out or burned out.
However, I was genuinely surprised at how many women, including former HHEs, were actually able to make more money working fewer hours. They were living proof that it is possible to pare down your hours and at the same time actually pump up your income.
It was the intensity of focus on their work, not the number of hours they spent, that factored so heavily into these women’s financial success.
→ Keep reading by grabbing your free copy of our eBook
“9 Money Secrets A Wealth Coach Wishes You Knew”
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017