Our inaugural Mentor, Michelle Erland, went from bartending at a local NYU bar to managing the NYC’s Giovanni Rana in just under two years. TWO YEARS, PEOPLE!!! And what is so inspiring about Michelle is that she has faced unbelievable personal hardships. Michelle lost both her parents within a few years of one another just as she was entering adulthood. Michelle is a Boss Girl who epitomizes resiliency and we hope you’ll find strength in her story like we did.
Big takeaway for me:
“Create your own timeline. Your journey is the only journey that really needs to matter for you.”
– Michelle Erland –
You can also listen to our Mind of a Mentor podcast on your favorite app by clicking the icon below.
Be the first to know about Mind of a Mentor episode releases and access insider content. Click here. We’d love to connect you with exclusive resources and like-minded boss girls in our members-only community
UPDATE FROM MICHELLE…
Since our Mind of a Mentor last month, I travelled to Italy to take part in the Vinitaly International Academy with selected candidates from around the world. I passed the exam and became an Italian Wine Ambassador in the United States! I am very excited because being an ambassador opens the doors to new opportunities to learn and grow within my passion- wine!
I am studying for my third Sommelier level (Advanced) with the court of Master Sommeliers but don’t have plans to take the exam until 2018/2019. I am however, finishing my MBA in hospitality at Johnson & Wales University. One class at a time is what I am doing- the finish line looks farther away but it will be here before we know it. 🙂
Michelle Erland, NYC
May 10, 2017
Did something Michelle shared resonate with you? Tell us!
GOOD RELATED READS
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017