We need love, compassion, and reminders to keep pushing through and keep believing in ourselves. I believe the power of music can do just that.
Lady Gaga is one of my favourite artists. She has such compassion and openness about her issues and the fights she has to face daily. I believe she is a pillar of strength and her music empowers you through difficult times.
The #metoo campaign affected so many of my friends, and it really shook me. As I scrolled down my facebook and instagram, the sheer number that I encountered, made me feel physically sick, and all I wanted to do was cry and reach out to each individual friend. But after these posts kept coming up, I realised that we need this awareness. This is a movement in letting go of a secret and showing the world that Harassment happens regularly and it SHOULD NOT!!!!
I felt an urge to write this article and help band women together to fight, and to remember love exists. To all my friends and the women who have been affected by this, I love each and everyone one of you, and I wanted to share this recording of me singing a cover of one of Lady Gaga’s songs: “Million Reasons.”
This song was written about the struggles to let go, and to speak out. It means so much to me as when I sing it I sing the heartache, the love, the power, the broken pieces of myself, but I know I must use my inner strength to keep going. I believe that the women who spoke out and shared #metoo you gave yourself that power of sharing your story. The power of letting go and letting the world know the magnitude of this issue is the first step in building a stronger you, as we as women- come together!!!!
- Finding Myself through Ski Racing! - February 27, 2018
- The Power of Music: Women Are “Stronger With Music” - February 20, 2018
- Be Unconventional for that new career opportunity - December 23, 2017
- To sell yourself you need to be your very own Superhero - December 14, 2017
- Fierce Females at Business Networking Events - December 10, 2017
- Gender Equality: It’s not just a women’s issue, it’s a human rights issue - November 18, 2017
- A “Million Reasons” for Women to Band Together - October 28, 2017
- Need Advice? Guidance? A Mentor Can Help - September 30, 2017
- When I Roam, Music Brings My Heart Closer to Home - September 8, 2017
- What I’ve Learned About Myself By Playing a Villain - August 5, 2017