This past March, Miley teamed up with the Starky Hearing Foundation to help distribute hearing aids to those in need in Haiti. As part of her involvement, Miley supported the foundation’s Listen Carefully campaign, which reminds teens that “your hearing is fragile, so don’t listen loudly, listen carefully.”
The campaign is in response to the shocking stats that million of teens – 6.5% have noticeable hearing loss today, 31% more than a decade ago – the vast majority of which can be prevented.
On this past Sunday’s So the World May Hear Awards gala at which Miley was a featured guest, Miley announced she’ll go back to Haiti to continue supporting the cause. Here’s what she had to say about it:
After I went on my first mission to Haiti with the Starkey Hearing Foundation, I felt so drawn to helping others hear for the first time and immediately wanted to look for another chance to go back and help again. I grew up around music with my brothers and sisters and couldn’t imagine what it would be like if we couldn’t hear the magic of music – it’s had such an influence on my life – so I want everyone to have the ability to enjoy sound as it was intended.
To see Miley in action in Haiti, check out this PSA she made while on her trip in March:
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018