Latest posts by Deborah Reber (see all)
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
Where would Like a Boss girls be without the courageous girls and women in history who spoke their minds, took a stand, and fought long and hard so everyone could have the right to be anything they dreamed? National Women’s History Month gives us a chance to remember the achievements of these women who created a better future for us all.
The theme for this year’s celebration is HISTORY is our Strength, and the goal is to help people everywhere draw strength during difficult times today by reflecting on the challenges the women before us overcame. Here are just a few amazing women who, through their social activism, changed the world forever:
- Frances Perkins, a labor movement activist who fought for things like unemployment benefits, Social Security, minimum wage, and child labor laws.
- Alice Paul was jailed and went on a hunger strike in her fight for women’s right to vote.
- Minnijean Brown Trickey played a key role in the Civil Rights Movement by helping to integrate an all-white high school and when she was only 16 years old!
- Bella Abzug was a beloved figure in the “Second Wave” or 20th Century’s Women’s Movement.
- Rachel Carson is best known as the founder of the contemporary environmental movement.
To read more about this celebratory month and women in history who paved the way for us all, visit the National Women’s History Project!