Have you heard of Students Rebuild? This is a call to action for junior high students, high school students, and educators around the globe to work on a number of issues, including safer schools in Haiti, rebuilding Japan — and now raising awareness of the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Somalia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
“But, it’s much more than a quick-fix fund-raising effort,” according to the organization’s FAQ. “It’s an opportunity for young people to see how they are connected to the global community while learning about the real challenges of rebuilding after disaster.”
Now Students Rebuild wants YOU to participate in visual protest project, One Million Bones. Students can make handmade bones to raise awareness of the crisis in Congo and Somalia, show the interconnectedness of all people and help rebuild lives. For every handmade bone contributed by Students Rebuild participants, $1 will be donated to CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. Students Rebuild hopes its challenge will generate up to $500,000 in funding.
During a National Day of Action planned for April 28, small installations will be held in the capitals of all fifty states. In Spring 2013, a million bones will cover the National Mall in Washington D.C. To learn more about how to be part of this project, see Students Rebuild’s webpage.
Need more information about the crisis in Congo and Somalia? Get educated about the cause. And watch a moving preview installation in New Mexico:
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018