Teens volunteers and activists between the ages of 14 and 18 have a chance to win a little recognition — and money — from the Huffington Post.
In conjunction with Drew Barrymore’s new film Big Miracle, The Huffington Post is hosting a contest to honor teen volunteers. The movie is about about a group of volunteers who put aside difference to free a family of gray whales trapped by ice in the Arctic Circle, and likewise HuffPost wants to know about the amazing ways you are making the world a better place.
On the contest page, you can write a blog entry up to 800 words “explaining why YOU should be chosen as the best representative of your generation’s unique power to do good, plus an optional YouTube video link, photo or video.” You must enter by January 15, 2012 in order to be chosen as the grand prize winner and win $1,000 for your charity, and a trip to New York to see the movie hosted by Arianna Huffington. Fourteen finalists will receive $500 and have their blog entries posted on Huff Post High School or Huff Post Impact.
You can enter the contest HERE! And hurry…that January 15 deadline is looming! Good luck!
Watch the Big Miracle trailer here:
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018