The start of a new year offers all kinds of possibilities, like a fresh outlook on work and renewed vigor for keeping your room clean. While a lot of resolutions demand discipline, we like the idea of having a little fun, too. So on these short, dark winter days, why not use the extra time indoors to explore a new look or two?
One simple way to do it is with a book I wrote, called The Look Book: 50 Iconic Beauties and How To Achieve Their Signature Styles. The style guide gives step-by-step instructions on how to get JLo’s signature glow-y skin, winged eyeliner like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe’s cherry red lips, curtesy of celebrity makeup artist Cameron Cohen (who has worked with stars like Miley Cyrus).
Meanwhile, celebrity hair stylist Christopher Fulton–who has styled the tresses of Kelly Rowland and Jessica Alba–tells us how to style our own hair like Grace Kelly with a sleek chignon or Diana Ross with a major curls.
Finally, because makeup and hair comprise only a fraction of what makes each of us girls alluring, learn about the women behind the looks–50 in total–who emerged as powerful forces in American culture and have become everlasting icons.
How’s that for new year’s inspiration?
- PSA: TORRID IS CASTING IT’S NEXT FACE AT A MALL NEAR YOU - July 10, 2017
- Straight/Curve Director Jenny McQuaile Has A Plan To Boost Your Body Image - July 6, 2017
- Unshakable: Foot Petals Founder and Self-Made Millionaire Tina Aldatz Shares Her Secrets to Making it Big - April 27, 2015
Pioneering Social Activists Share Hashtag Activism Tips - March 9, 2015
- Pucker Up: 7 Statement-Making Lipsticks To Rock This Spring - February 13, 2015
- Non-Profit Volunteer Coordinators Give Us The 411 On How To Volunteer Like A Pro - January 23, 2015
- Lips Like Marilyn: Celeb Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Help You Snag Iconic Beauty Looks - January 2, 2015