Any time you learn a new skill, you not only have something new to put in your entrepreneur toolbox, you also have something to tell job recruiters and potential employers — and you can be a bigger benefit to volunteer organizations. This is a huge enhancement to your resume when looking to get hired.
With the way technology is changing the way we work, we think every Boss Girl should consider learning how build her own website and application. That’s why we are so excited about about Code Year, a free course that can teach you how to code in weekly online lessons. Yes, that’s right. We said a free interactive course aimed at teaching you how to code. How? Through an interactive, gaming-style approach that is geared to break it down and make even tough concepts understandable.
What do you have to promise in exchange? That you’ll complete a lesson a week, which will take you about five hours. Sounds doable, right?
Not only is the company behind Code Year, Codecademy, leveling the playing field by offering this computer education for free (more than 280,000 have already signed up!) — it’s also a good example of how young people can create a project with a big impact, just by drawing upon their own experiences.
The company is a relatively new venture, launched this past August by Zach Sims and Ryan Bubinski, two recent Columbia University graduates who were frustrated with what it took to learn how to program. “Tired with less effective text and video resources, Ryan and Zach teamed up to create Codecademy, a better, more interactive way to learn programming by actually coding,” says their website.
So, what do you say? Are you ready for some hands-on help so you can develop and code your own websites and apps? Are you looking to build your job skills? Sign up for a year of free coding lessons here!
Would you like more information on teaching yourself to code for free? Click here
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018