What It’s All About: Krochet Kids is an international operation aimed at empowering people to rise above poverty. The primary focus of the org is Northern Uganda in Africa, a region plagued by civil war and unrest for the past 20+ years.
Their strategy is simple: provide the women of Northern Uganda with the assets, skills, and knowledge to lift themselves and their families out of poverty. By investing into true empowerment, Krochet Kids is literally breaking the cycle of poverty and dependence on outside humanitarian aid. The result? Long lasting and sustainable change.
Krochet Kids was founded by Kohl Crecelius and his two best friends from high school, Travis and Stewart. As teens, they would crochet unique hats to wear while snowboarding in the mountains of Washington State (they’re the first to admit this wasn’t a typical hobby for high school guys), and soon they began taking orders to make them for friends. Though the three went in different directions for college, they stayed close, and spent summers volunteering in developing countries, and they started realizing they wanted to find a way to make a difference in the world. As the org’s website says: “It was around this time that an idea was born. One which involved a familiar trade. Friends and family encouraged us to teach people in developing countries how to crochet as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty.”And the rest, as they say, is history.
To get a better understanding of how the Krochet Kids model works, watch the video below:
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018