What it’s all about: Kendall Ceisemier, a “regular” teenage girl, is proof that taking one small step can spiral into helping many. When she was just 11 years old, Kendall saw a piece on the Oprah Winfrey Show about young children in Africa—orphaned because of AIDS. Kendall herself knows suffering; she has dealt with a chronic liver disease through much of her life. But although she could relate to suffering, she also knew the pain of these children was beyond anything she had ever experienced. So she took $360 of her own money, and sponsored a child. When she learned what kind of impact that initial gesture made, she knew she had to do more.
When Kendalldecided to ask for donations for other children in lieu of support for her own two liver transplants, she struck a nerve. Kids around the country were inspired and developed their own fundraisers, and it wasn’t long before they had raised over $15,000. Very aware of what this movement could become, Kendall established Kids Caring 4 Kids as a non-profit organization in 2005.
Today, Kids Caring 4 Kids continues to lend its support to charitable organizations and individuals with proven programs that help kids and communities who have been impacted by the AIDS pandemic. Current projects include school improvement programs for orphans, food and clean water programs, and even providing bicyles for orphans who need transportation to and from school. And new projects are constantly added to this busy organization, so be sure to check their website for updates.
Kids Caring 4 Kids is an organization that couldn’t have made the impact it has without the help of teems like YOU. So how can you get involved in Kids Caring 4 Kids?
Create an account. Go to the Kids Caring 4 Kids website to create an account. Then you can interact with this organization by commenting on blog posts, signing the guest book, and most importantly, it will enable you to…
Create your own fundraising webpage! Once you’ve registered and created an account, you’ll receive instructions for getting started with your own fund raising page!
Help Raise Money. Involve other kids you know and spearhead a fundraiser! Use your creativity to come up with a great idea, or you can always check out other success stories or the website’s ideas for inspiration.
Order an “I Care 2” Kit.
This kit, which can be ordered through the online store, has everything you need to get started. It includes an informational DVD, t-shirt, and guides packed with information on both Kids Caring 4 Kids and how-to tips and resources for setting up your own fundraiser.
- Visit the Kids Caring 4 Kids website
- Kids Caring 4 Kids on Facebook
- Kids Caring 4 Kids on Twitter
- Kids Caring 4 Kids YouTube Channel
- Kids Caring 4 Kids Blog
Here, the Kids Caring 4 Kids founder, Kendall Ceisemier, talks about her trip toZambia, and seeing in person the results of her work over the past several years.
- 10 Qualities of Successful Entrepreneurs (and How To Cop Them Yourself) - September 15, 2017
- You Gotta Look Out for #1. Don’t Forget to Take Care of You! - August 20, 2016
- Five Cures for the Common Collegiate Meltdown - August 5, 2016
- Whether You’re a Student or a Student of Life, Here’s How to Face Your Career Fears Like A Boss - July 8, 2016
- How Do You Find Your Passions? Try These 6 Tips - January 25, 2016
- Networking for Introverts: 5 Tips to Build Your Professional Circle Now - November 17, 2015
- How To Ask For a Favor—and Get a “Yes” - July 27, 2015
- Where to Volunteer? 5 Factors to Consider - September 30, 2014
- Spotlight On: Feminism = Equality - March 18, 2014
- Cause of the Month: Girls for a Change - March 4, 2014