Latest posts by Deborah Reber (see all)
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
If animals are your thing, you’re probably a fan of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), which works to rescue animals from abuse, pass humane laws, and share resources with shelters nationwide.
One of the ASPCA’s biggest causes is encouraging people to adopt cats and dogs from shelters as opposed to buying them from breeders or pet stores. That’s because more than four million cats and kittens enter animal shelters nationwide each year.
To try and get more shelter cats into loving homes, the ASPCA has marked June as Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month. As part of the event, they’ve partnered with Fresh Step cat litter to promote waiving adoption fees at shelters across the country for the month.
If adopting a cat isn’t an option but you still want to support this important cause, here are some simple things you can do:
- Learn how to report animal cruelty
- Volunteer at your local shelter or animal rescue organization
- Become an animal activist
- Start a pet food bank
- Clean up for wildlife
For more details on these ideas, as well as other ways you can get involved, visit the ASPCA’s website!