It’s June 23rd…have you done any public service today? If so, you’re joining millions of people around the world celebrating the importance of public and community service through the UN’s Public Service Day. This is the 8th year for the celebration, which features an Awards Ceremony honoring individuals making a difference through their service.
One of the goals of the annual celebration is to encourage young people to pursue careers in the “public sector,” which is typically defined as careers in government, nonprofits / NGOs (nongovernmental organizations), international, consulting and education.
According to the website Public Service Careers, working in the public sector gives employees a chance to tackle what they call “wicked problems” – challenging issues like:
- Global climate change
- Food, energy, and water shortages in developing countries
- HIV infection
- Education and health care for children living in poverty
To find out more about what a career in the public sector might be like, visit PublicServiceCareers.org.
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018