Have you found yourself saying “Yes” to people/favors/things you then resent?
I’ve got to admit there’s a lot to be said about saying YES to opportunities that scare me for a sec because they push me outside of my comfort zone.
Remember this piece on 50 Tools to Be More Happy, Productive, and Successful? Yeah one of them is to “do something that makes you uncomfortable for 20 seconds a day.”
And it’s great advice that leads to creating new opportunities for yourself.
But what happens when wanting to say “No” to someone actually has little to do with your comfort zone, and a lot to do with having clear priorities?
And of course you don’t want to come off as mean!
In that case, check out the 8 Ways to Say No Without Hurting Your Image (and it’ll show you how to say no without being rude!).
Here’s a teaser:
If you want something done, ask a busy person. The old saying rings true, but it also spells doom for that busy person. When you develop a reputation for being responsive and generous, an ever-expanding mountain of requests will come your way. This may be why Warren Buffett says: “The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say ‘no’ to almost everything.”
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017