The holidays can be tough: You’ve got school finals, and all those presents to wrap. Plus, even when school’s out, you may have some extra volunteering commitments or a temporary job going on. And, let’s be honest, right around this time of year is when good old family drama has a tendency to pop up, too.
We checked out the Mayo clinic’s tips for handling stress and depression during the holidays and really liked this piece of advice: “Learn to say no. Saying yes when you should say no can leave you feeling resentful and overwhelmed. Friends and colleagues will understand if you can’t participate in every project or activity.”
Here’s some advice from Like a Boss, too: Get enough sleep — and power off your phone and computer when it’s time to rest. Eat breakfast and snack healthy — don’t overdo it on eggnog lattes and sugar cookies!
And you’ve heard it before, but don’t forget to drink plenty of water, too; water helps every system in your body run more smoothly, from flushing toxins out of your organs to keeping your body hydrated so you feel energized.
Finally, don’t forget to take 15-minute breaks now and then to do the stuff that makes you feel less stressed, like a few yoga positions or going out for a walk–without your mobile.
Do you feel overwhelmed by holiday stress? How do you deal with it?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018