Attention all artistic girls: Students in the United States have a pretty cool opportunity to get their artwork noticed right now. Google, in partnership with Crayola and the New York Public Library, has launched its fifth annual Doodle 4 Google competition for kids enrolled in K-12.
This year’s theme is “If I could travel in time, I’d visit…” According to the official Google blog, “That could mean visiting a past, present or future setting—whether it’s traveling back in time to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, to the future to witness everyday space travel, or to just a few moments ago to relive a poignant experience. ”
Doodle submissions are being accepted from January 18 to March 23, 2012. Be picked as the national winner and Google will showcase your artwork on its homepage for 24 hours. That’s not all: Crayola will also print it on a limited edition version of its 64 box. There are lots of other cool prizes for other winning entries as well.
And did we mention that singer Katy Perry and author Holly Black are two of the guest judges? Pretty amazing to think of the superstars who will see your work!
There’s sure to be a lot of competition — last year there were 107,000 entries! — but won’t that make winning just that much sweeter? Take a look at last year’s winner (pictured above) then get started with the complete contest rules and entry forms here. And start doodling!
Are you going to enter the Doodle for Google contest? What will you draw?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018