Latest posts by Deborah Reber (see all)
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
What It’s All About: Girl Up is an innovative campaign of the UN Foundation that gives American girls the opportunity to become global leaders and channel their energy and compassion to raise awareness and funds for UN programs that help some of the world’s hardest-to-reach adolescent girls. Girl Up envisions a world where all girls around the world have the opportunity to become educated, healthy, safe, counted and positioned to be the next generation of leaders.
Girl Up is aimed at being a campaign “for girls and by girls,” so their teen advisors – all 20 of them – play an important role by sharing their ideas and providing feedback on everything Girl Up does to make sure the initiative is as successful as it can be.
But even if you’re not a member of Girl Up’s Teen Advisory Board, there are plenty of ways you can get involved today in support Girl Up’s mission. Here are a few:
- Start a Girl Up Club at your school or in your community, and commit to hosting Girl Up activities, set and reach a fundraising goal, submit blog posts and pics, and recruit new Girl Up supporters.
- Share Your Story with about how are uniting for girls to help inspire others to join this vibrant community!
- Send a Letter to a Girl to inspire, motivate, and lend your solidarity.
- Download the Girl Up Mobilization Guide to find out more ways you can get involved in the movement to improve life for girls everywhere.
Check out this video featuring actress Victoria Justice sharing what impacted her during a recent trip to Guatemala with Girl Up: