At Like a Boss, we know that one little thing can have a huge impact. So we just love reading about 24-year-old Laura Orsini, a journalism graduate who just landed a hard-to-get job as a result of one guest blog she wrote for 100 bucks.
Laura responded to a post by Susannah Breslin on her Forbes.com’s blog Pink Slipped, in which she put the call out for a young woman journalist between the ages of 18-25 to pitch an article for a one-time-only guest blogging spot.
Here’s what happened next, as described by Laura in an article by Media Bistro:
The day after my article ran, I got an email from Owen Thomas titled, “Not sure I agree with you about a lack of journalism jobs.” I had already heard about Owen from my days as a Kotaku (Gawker Media) intern and from reading about him on Penelope Trunk’s blog, so I was definitely interested. We had a phone interview, I gave him my references, and accepted the job on Thursday. The Forbes article didn’t “help” me get a gig with the Daily Dot, it was the major catalyst!
Proof that putting yourself out there can make great things happen! Congratulations Laura, and good luck at your new job!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018