Yesterday was International Women’s Day, a special day to inspire and celebrate women that’s been celebrated since the early 1900s. And the WHOLE MONTH of March is Women’s History Month in the United States, which this year is paying special attention to the generations of women dedicated to better understanding nature and the planet.
So, this is a good time to not only honor your own self — but also thank all those special girls and women in your life. Think about both the ones you see every day in the hallways and at home, and the ones making headlines and history.
For the Friday 5, we’ve collected quotes from some of the most prominent women leaders, activists and artists in history. Some will put a smile on your face — and others will spark a fire in your belly! You may not agree with all of these women’s political positions, but their words will all make you think.
ONE: The Artist: “Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest.”– Georgia O’Keefe, American painter.
TWO: The Leader: “There cannot be true democracy unless women’s voices are heard. There cannot be true democracy unless women are given the opportunity to take responsibility for their own lives. There cannot be true democracy unless all citizens are able to participate fully in the lives of their country.” — Hillary Rodham Clinton, US Secretary of State
THREE: The Adventurer: “Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others.” — Amelia Earhart, aviator
FOUR: The Activist: “Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.” — Margaret Sanger, Founder of Planned Parenthood
FIVE: The Peace Maker: “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.” — Mother Teresa, Nobel Peace Prize winner. Read more quotes from female Nobel Peace Prize winners here.
Let’s keep this list growing! Please share words from women who inspire you!
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018