Every girl needs some inspiration now and then! That’s why we’ve gathered up some awesome quotes that inspire us, the teen activists, and entrepreneurs we’ve featured on our site – and even some famous faces. Which one do you connect with?
ONE: “If your plan is for 1 year, plant rice. If your plan is for 10 years, plant trees. If your plan is for 100 years, educate children…especially girls.”
This is a quote by Confucious – with a clever tweak from School Girls Unite, an organization that campaigned to convince President Obama to issue a Presidential Proclamation making September 22, 2011, the Day of the Girl. Good work, ladies!
TWO: “To actually feel like you’ve done something good with your life and you’re useful to others is what I was always wanting, and was always looking for.”
Sound like something you might say? This is actually quote from actress and humanitarian Angelina Jolie. Learn more about her inspiring work with UN Refugee Agency on our blog.
THREE: “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.”
We love this quote by Oprah Winfrey so much, we blasted it out on our Twitter account. You can find lots of other inspiring words by following us at HeartofGoldGirl.
FOUR: “When you educate a girl, you educate a community.”
This African proverb inspires Jessica Markowitz, founder of Impuwe Richard’s Rwanda, which supports low-income girls in rural Rwanda. Click here to read more about her amazing story.
FIVE: “Wisdom lies not so much in knowing what to do in the ultimate as in knowing what to do next.”
This Herbert Hoover quote comes from YPulse’s interview by Sarah Conk, co-founder of The Sparkle Effect, a student-run program that encourages teens nationwide to include students with disabilities in high-school cheerleading programs. Read more about Cronk and the $100,000 grand prize she just won in the Do Something Awards!
How about you? Do you have words that drive you to make a difference?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018