As this is the week where millions of people across the country are celebrating Thanksgiving and giving thanks for the important things in their lives, it only seemed fitting that in today’s Friday 5, we give a shout out to five things that we’re grateful for at Like a Boss. Here goes:
ONE: People who inspire us: From incredible changemakers and entrepreneurs we’ve featured on Like a Boss like Jessica Markowitz, Keren Taylor, Anita Roddick, Shivani Siroya, Juliette Brindak and Leora Friedman, to those who we admire from afar, like Oprah, playwright Eve Ensler, film director Kathryn Bigelow, and Lady Gaga, we are grateful to have so many incredible women blazing their own unique and bold paths, sharing their secrets, and paving the way for girls everywhere to create the life they want.
TWO: Organizations who are making a difference in the world: There are too many to list here, but we can’t help but be inspired by the thousands of organizations out there whose primary goal is to make life just a little better for people in the world. Whether the focus is on improving the standard of living for women in Northern Uganda like Krochet Kids, or supporting girls in becoming global change agents like Girl Up, seeing people join to together in support of an important cause makes us want to have more of an impact ourselves!
THREE: Seeing the possibilities in life: We believe in hope, optimism, and opportunity. We believe that life is what you make of it. That your dreams are not only valuable and worthy of being dreamt, but that they’re attainable. We know not everyone looks around them and has this perspective. Fear of the unknown, of forging ahead without a clear plan, of reaching for something without knowing for sure if you’ll get it, can be scary. And sometimes this scariness translates to making safe choices. Sometimes it means not going for your dreams. So we’re grateful that we choose the possibilities in life over fear. We hope you do too!
FOUR: Community: Without community, where would we all be? It’s through community, relationships, and leaning on our friends and family that people are able to be the best they can be. It’s through community that we feel connected, like we’re all working towards something big, and that we’re supported along the way. We are proud to be part of a community of amazing organizations and initiatives like Girl Up, the Girl Effect, Girls on the Run, the Girl Scouts, Girls Inc., and many, many more, who have made it their mission to empower, inspire, and inform girls everywhere.
FIVE: You: That’s right…you. We wouldn’t be doing what we’re doing it if weren’t for you and the way you are so motivated to make your mark in the world. We feel honored to be here for you and give you some tools to help you as you move forward. And we’re grateful we get to cheer for you along the way!
How about you? What are 5 things you’re grateful for this year?
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 5 Tips On How To Mourn In A Healthy Way - October 5, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor Ep. 1: Resiliency with Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017
- 6 Pros + Cons of Being a Digital Nomad Who Makes Her Living from Her Laptop - August 7, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor – Hope Alcocer
Sharing Our Stories Heals Us (And Helps Us Kick Major Ass) - August 1, 2017