Today, mega news blog Huffington Post launched its teen section, HuffPost High School. What can you expect to find there? According to founder Arianna Huffington’s blog entry, “The new section features content from some of the nation’s top teen journalists and writers, and a group blog where teen bloggers can weigh in on everything from college prep to high school sports, to homework, to the role technology plays in their lives, to comedy, poetry, politics, proms and beyond.”
We’re excited that HuffPost High School has already partnered with some of our favorite sites, including Dosomething.org — and we can’t wait to see what the new editor-in-chief — Myles Miller, a 17-year-old journalist prodigy from New York City (pictured here) – has in store for readers. And of course it’s always exciting when teens have another opportunity to get their work published — and share their opinions about the things that matter most in their lives.
It looks like HuffPost High is already trying to spark some serious discussion. Editor Elizabeth Perle noted in her first-day entry that, among other articles, “readers can check out 17-year-old Lily Gelman’s blog, which questions the effectiveness of sex education in New York public schools, or 16-year-old Deepika Bodapati’s piece, which argues that Adderall is ‘the new Redbull’ for teenagers.”
In fact, even before the section launched, HuffPost High School was already sending out provocative messages through Twitter, reporting in one post that “Almost 10 percent of 8th graders in D.C. public schools have attempted suicide,” and in another asking readers to weigh in on a story about “An 11-year-old football star who has been banned from scoring too many touchdowns to give other kids a shot.” And, the site will serve up plenty of non-political fare as well, including celeb coverage and even creative writing.
Let us know what you think: Will you read HuffPost High — or add your voice to its blog? What issues do you think are most important to cover?
- Build a Financial Plan [Business Plan Basics #8] - January 13, 2018
- Overview of the Management Team [Business Plan Basics #7] - January 12, 2018
- Create Your Operations Plan [Business Plan Basics #6] - January 11, 2018
- How To Create a Marketing Plan [Business Plan Basics #5] - January 10, 2018
- Who’s In Your Space? The Competitive Analysis [Business Plan Basics #4] - January 9, 2018
- Know Your People a.k.a. The Market Description [Business Plan Basics #3] - January 8, 2018
- Industry Analysis [Business Plan Basics #2] - January 8, 2018
- Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part B] - January 8, 2018
- Craft Your Business Description [Business Plan Basics #1] - January 8, 2018
- Start Here! Business Plan Basics [Intro: Part A] - January 8, 2018