It sounds like such a daunting word and a huge responsibility. But turns out mentors are just people–real people–who want to pay it forward and help others because somebody probably once helped them. Sure, finding a mentor who you click with might take a few tries, but when it does, boy is it worth it.
And now the mentor-finding process just got a whole lot easier (particularly if you’re not located in a spot where your desired field is bounding with professionals!). It’s called Glassbreakers and it’s a networking site designed to link women with an inspiring mentor.
(note: right now the site is focused on advertising and tech peers, but they are expanding as we speak!)
Refinery 29 interviewed CEO Eileen Carey and CTO Lauren Mosenthal about how to find the perfect mentor (or mentors!). These boss girls will tell you who, where, and how… so start connecting!
Dig this? Check out…
- Femme Finance: 7 Women Who Are Running Finance - January 31, 2018
- When You Know It’s Time To Try Something New with Samantha Citro - January 30, 2018
- Mind of a Mentor: the Art of Adaptability with Samantha Citro - January 29, 2018
- Meet This Mentor: Samantha Citro - January 28, 2018
- 4 Things Women who Practice Self-Love All Have in Common - November 20, 2017
- How To Know If You’re In A Toxic Relationship — And How To Take Action - October 10, 2017
- Renee’s Road: 4 Tips To Achieving Your Dreams Through Your Life’s Journey - October 10, 2017
- Mind of a Mentor: Reclaiming Your Voice with Renee Millington - October 10, 2017
- We All Need to Get Serious About Our Cyber Security – An Interview with an Identity Theft Warrior - October 6, 2017
- Like Fine Wine: How To Pick Wine Like A Boss with Sommelier Michelle Erland - October 5, 2017